This site is operated by Henderson Wholesale Jewellers (the Data Controller). We are a family business and our trading address is Arranview, Firth Road, Troon, KA10 6TG. Our VAT number is 366 8205 34. ‘Arranview Jewellery’ is a registered trademark number UK00003118011 and trading name/brand of Henderson Wholesale Jewellers.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was updated June 15th 2018.
The following is the condensed version (or the tl;dr – too long, didn’t read – copy!)
- By providing us with your personal information, you agree and consent to its transfer, processing, use and disclosure as outlined in this privacy statement.
- We need your order and delivery details to successfully deliver your order
- We may use previous orders to help you find other products of interest to you
- We never share or sell your data with other companies who may try to sell to you
- We may share data with other companies to help with our own marketing (for example, we use Mailchimp to organise our mailing list)
- You can also delete your entire account or ask for a downloadable copy of all information kept by us by emailing [email protected] from the email address used to create the account
What we collect
If you join our mailing list:
- your email address
If you create an account:
- contact name, address, email, phone number
- last 4 digits of your bank card IF you choose to ‘save’ your card when paying via Stripe
If you make an order:
- name and contact information including email address
- products ordered and the price paid
- delivery address
- your IP address
- browser user agent (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc used)
If you leave a comment or review:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
What we do with the information we gather
If you have chosen to join our mailing list we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe from this list whenever you want be either clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button within the email or contacting us directly.
You do not need to create an account to order from this site. If you choose to create an account the information stored (name and address) is to make the ordering process more convenient.
The information stored when an order is created is necessary to complete your order. Some of this information is shared with the payment provider you have chosen (PayPal or Stripe) to allow the order to be successfully completed.
We delete the following orders after 90 days:
- Pending orders
- Failed orders
- Cancelled orders
We delete the following after 2 years:
- Inactive accounts
- Stripe customer ID if created
If you have left a comment or review:
If you continue to use this site:
- cookies will be used for the correct functioning of the site
- information may be collected which includes but is not limited to – the URL you came to us from, your IP address, your browser type, the pages of the website you interacted with and the search terms entered into the search box
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Internal record keeping
Invoices created from orders created are kept for 7 years to comply with UK tax
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.,
Who we share your information with
We use Analytics to discover if customers found our site organically, directly, via a paid advert, or via a referral, what pages they visit, any searches made on the site, discover broken pages and links, and the value of any orders made.
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing Ads
If you have not opted out of Google AdWords (you can do so here https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en) or Bing Ads (https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-gb/resources/policies/personalized-ads) you may find adverts for our products being shown on other websites you visit.
When you are logged into Facebook and you visit our website they will be able to see what pages on our website you visit and you may also see our adverts on your Facebook feed
We are always trying to make our website better and easier to use. To help find pages and links which don’t work we use Hotjar a product that lets us see what you’re seeing when your browsing the site to help us do this https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy#enduserenglish
Is our third party email marketing provider. If you sign up for our newsletter we provide them with your name and email address (and any order details if you buy anything). Any emails sent using this service will have an ‘unsubscribe’ button which you can use at any time to stop receiving marketing emails.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will provide notice to you by publishing the most current version and revising the date at the top of this page. If we make any material change to this Policy, we will provide additional notice to you, such as by sending you an email, or displaying a prominent notice on our site. By continuing to use the site after any changes come into effect, you agree to the revised Policy.
That’s it! And thanks for reading